Graduate

The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values.
William S. Burroughs

God wants us to know that life is a series of beginnings, not endings. Just as graduations are not terminations, but commencements. Creation is an ongoing process, and when we create a perfect world where love and compassion are shared by all, suffering will cease.
Bernie Siegel

We don't stop going to school when we graduate.
Carol Burnett

You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world.
Tom Brokaw

The doer alone learneth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Life is the most exciting opportunity we have. But we have one shot. You graduate from college once, and that's it. You're going out of that nest. And you have to find that courage that's deep, deep, deep in there. Every step of the way.
Andrew Shue

The idea of winning a doctor's degree gradually assumed the aspect of a great moral struggle, and the moral fight possessed immense attraction for me.
Elizabeth Blackwell

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.
Robert Anthony

All real education is the architecture of the soul.
William Bennett

A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success.
Robert Orben

No graduation speaker will ever tell you that the future is anything but uncertain. It never is. But graduations need not only be obsessed with looking ahead; a graduation can be a day on which we turn back and trace our steps to see how we ended up where we are.
Taylor Mali


You know what has made me the happiest I've ever been? Seeing my son and daughter graduate from college. More than wanting them to be educated, I wanted them to be nice people. To see that they have become both is just a wonderful thing.
Gil Scott-Heron

God will not look you over for medals degrees or diplomas, but for scars.
Elbert Hubbard

The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse.
James Madison

It is virtually impossible to compete in today's global economy without a college degree.
Bobby Scott

I learned law so well, the day I graduated I sued the college, won the case, and got my tuition back.
Fred Allen

So in my uncertainty, I went to graduate school and there it all happened.
Ted Nelson

Mentors provide professional networks, outlets for frustration, college and career counseling, general life advice, and most importantly, an extra voice telling a student they are smart enough and capable enough to cross the stage at graduation and land their first paycheck from a career pathway job.
Gerald Chertavian

I went to my son's graduation this weekend, and I heard a great quote I've never heard before from Albert Einstein. It was that the greatest danger to the world is not the bad people but it's the good people who don't speak out.
Hamilton Jordan

I grew up very differently than a lot of other people in my hometown in Mississippi. But I can't imagine my life any other way. I flew home and surprised my best friend at his graduation, and I remember turning to my mom and saying, 'My graduation was so much cooler than this.' I had Melissa Joan Hart give my commencement speech.
Taylor Spreitler

It makes little difference how many university courses or degrees a person may own. If he cannot use words to move an idea from one point to another, his education is incomplete.
Norman Cousins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health

Happiness